SilverTip Yacht Primer
SilverTip Yacht Primer is a waterborne, two-part epoxy
coating specifically formulated as a tough, below-the-waterline primer for
marine topcoats. Though SilverTip Yacht Primer was specifically designed for use with
System Three WR-LPU, it is compatible with most commonly available marine topcoats. It
applies easily over fiberglass and carbon laminates, polyester or epoxy resin
surfaces, and properly prepared wood, metal, and cementitious surfaces. In
addition, it provides a smooth base for topcoating over epoxy or vinyester
barrier coats. Yacht Primer offers performance equal to its solvent-borne
counterparts, in corrosion protection, film-build, and sandability. In addition,
it is non-flammable and contains no highly-hazardous (HAPS) solvents or heavy
• Easy to apply by brush, roller or sprayer.
• Use above or below the waterline.
• Performance equal to solvent-borne counterparts.
• Thins and cleans up with water.
• Low VOC formula requires no special handling or storage.
• Long 6 hour pot life.
• No sanding required before topcoat or bottom paint application.
• Easily sands for smoother topcoat appearance.
Each kit contains 1-part resin and 4-parts hardener.
For health and safety information concerning this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this product. Click here for the MSDS section of our website
Wet Film Thickness @ 6 - 8 mils: 200 - 250 ft2/gal (5 - 6.25 m2/L)
Dry Film Thickness @ 3 - 4 mils: 200 - 250 ft2/gal (5 - 6.25 m2/L)