MetlWeld is a super tough epoxy adhesive designed to bond dissimilar materials such as steel, wood, and rubber. MetlWeld exhibits excellent elastic properties and superior bond strength while remaining rigid.
MetlWeld will bond to stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, brass, glass, ceramic, neoprene rubber and most porous surfaces. For use in high stress applications when bonding metals to materials such as glass, composites, wood and concrete.
MetlWeld is a high-performance epoxy adhesive designed to bond tenaciously to a wide variety of metals. It’s super tough, making it the ideal adhesive for bonding dissimilar materials. MetlWeld exhibits elastic properties, while remaining rigid.
MetlWeld bonds to stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, brass, glass, ceramic, neoprene rubber, and most porous surfaces.
• 3 hour working time
• Superior adhesion to various metals, wood, composites, and most porous materials
• For interior and exterior applications
• Fill gaps
• Machinable when fully cured
• Mix at a convenient 1:1 ratio
Working Time @ 70°F (21°C):
Mix Ratio by Volume: 1:1
Mix Ratio By Weight: 1:1
Full Cure@ 70°F (21°C):
What is the SilverTip Series?
General Purpose Epoxy was our first product when System Three launched in 1979 and remains one of our bestselling, most loved products. At the time, it redefined the category by offering consumers an epoxy system that could be used in a wide variety of environments.
We revisited that playbook with the introduction of our SilverTip Series. In an effort to make epoxies even more accessible, we have "eliminated the guesswork" by formulating application-specific epoxy products to address every common marine project. With the most user-friendly epoxy products on the market, the SilverTip Series, we're making boatbuilding easier and more fun.
System Three offers a variety of epoxy adhesives that are formulated to meet a wide range of applications.
Structural Adhesives: High Performance, waterproof adhesives that can be considered for load bearing construction and repairs.
• T-88: Our comprehensive structural adhesive that stands up to adverse application and service conditions. T-88 is the perfect choice as your on-hand epoxy adhesive to keep in the shop or truck.
• G-2: Excels in woodworking applications. G-2’s long, no-rush working time makes it an excellent choice for fine joinery and furniture making. G-2 is a great choice for bonding oily woods like teak and other tropical woods.
• GelMagic: A toughened, non-sagging, gap filling adhesive that has a consistency similar to Vaseline. It forms a permanent bond that is highly impact and fracture resistant. GelMagic can withstand elevated service temperatures and can be post cured for improved properties.
• Blade Pro: A two-component, high-performance glue designed specifically for the knife maker. This state-of-the-art adhesive forms super tough, flexible bonds to wood, Micarta, G10, and other composites. Tenacious bonds are developed to non-ferrous metals, as well as stainless and carbon steel. Blade Pro can also be used as a high-performance adhesive for many other applications where a low viscosity glue is preferred.
• Metlweld: Forms a permanent, non-brittle bond with high impact and creep resistance. Metlweld will bond tenaciously to most metals including mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and copper alloys. It also bonds to glass, stone, concrete, and masonry. It's our epoxy of choice for bonding dissimilar materials.
Hobbyist Adhesives: Quick setting water resistant epoxy adhesives designed to form a strong bond rapidly. Not rated for load bearing repairs and construction.
• Quick Cure 5 and 15: Are excellent choices when you need a good, strong glue that will bond two materials together in minutes. Use to quickly seal edges and cracks, or fill small knot and screw holes.
When exposed to exterior conditions there are a few factors that you need to account for before choosing an adhesive, particularly when gluing wood components together. Check out our article Using Epoxy Adhesive for Outdoor Wood to see if your outdoor project is suited for an epoxy adhesive.
Our epoxy adhesives will form tenacious bonds to wood, metal, composites, concrete, masonry, glass, rubber, and thermoset resins like Epoxy, Polyester, and Polyurethanes. Epoxies, in general, will form poor bonds to thermoplastics like ABS, PVC, Polyethylene, and Acrylic.
To ensure a good bond, at a very minimum, the surfaces to be bonded should be clean, sanded (no finer than 150 grit), and solvent wiped.
Some materials will benefit from further preparation to achieve maximum performance.
Our Silvertip Metlweld Structural Adhesive is an aluminum-filled epoxy compound. MetlWeld is our adhesive of choice for bonding dissimilar materials and has the following benefits.
• 100% waterproof.
• Will not shrink upon curing; fills large gaps without loss of strength.
• Features a convenient 1:1 mixing ratio.
• Superior adhesion to brass, copper, bronze, aluminum, galvanized, stainless and mild steel, glass, wood, composite, and most porous materials.
• Forms permanent, non-brittle bonds with high impact and creep resistance.
• Cures reliably at temperatures as low as 50°F.